Monday, July 13, 2009

Mmm Mmm Healthy! Honesy Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies

Most of you might know that most of my healthy cookies end up tasting like...well honestly? Sweaty balls. However, these are AMAZING! This is a small batch, so double if you have a big family.

1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 cup raw honey
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp red sea salt (a little bit of a bite flavor-wise ,bump this up by 1/2 tsp if using regular salt)
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup oatmeal

Mix wet ingredients, add dry, then fold in zucchini and oatmeal. Drop by the spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 9 minutes. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. What is Raw Honey? I buy honey from a local lady - she has bees, makes honey and bottles it for people who feel like following her crappy little signs down her crappy little street. But it's good - and I like shopping "local" like that where I can.
    Is that "raw"?
    And wheat germ - if I buy that, will it go bad in my closet within 6 months or does it have a good shelf life?
    The thing about organics or healthy that bugs me is that nothing is cheap and nothing lasts.
    But that recipe sounds yummy & goodness knows my boy loves cookies!

    ReplyDelete