Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Belly Casting


Okay, so I regretfully did not do a belly cast with Liam, sigh. And I waited until 4 days until my EDD to do this one to boot. LOL. Apparently I wasn't too worried about going into labor. Anyway, this afternoon, Jonathan, Liam and I did the cast and it turned out surprisingly well. We ran out of gauze, so it wasn't as full as what I had wanted, but it'll definitely do. If I get to 41 weeks, I plan to do another, but not unless I go that long.

The process is fairly simple. Online, it said to buy the plaster strips from the hobby store, but A. we do not have a hobby store in Pittsburg, B. it was way cheaper my way. I had a big tub of plaster of paris powder and then I bought two rolls of gauze from Walmart (should have bought three or four). We didn't take pictures during because I was in me skivies, but here are some photos of the finished product. I don't think I will paint it, probably just sand it, seal it and hang it in our bedroom. It did NOT take 30 minutes to set and it does not feel good taking it off, just for the record. Jonathan's comment "We shoulda sprayed some Pam on you" was probably accurate. I did Saran wrap my underwear (not that it mattered, as Liam was plastering my legs and butt for me anyway) and I would recommend that. It really hurt to get it off with just the little tiny hairs on my belly, I can't imagine what ripping that off of pubes would feel like.

So here is our little baby!!! Come out whenever you want...anytime! :)

2 comments:

  1. I really love that you did that. And I sort of love that you didn't do it for Liam. Second babies don't get a lot of "firsts".
    I am so excited for you to give birth again!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete